Wednesday, September 3, 2008

He's a college student and so much more

I'm pretty sure I'm not liking Kurt being in school. It's taking up too much time and I don't like it. Okay, I'm just complaining a bit - and I'll get used to it eventually. He had his first class last Wednesday (all day) and found out that particular class will be meeting on Wednesdays all day until the class is over.. so that means he has to use vacation or work 10 hour days. Ahh! That's not even talking the Thursday class at night.. I don't know anything about that one because his first class it tomorrow. I'm so proud of him for doing this, but I like when he gets home from work we don't have anything that has to be done but have family time. Last night he was up until midnight doing homework (why do we have to have homework.. more on that another day). You girls that deal with your hubby's being gone a lot, I applaud you - I could never do it. We just got to get these next couple of years behind us. Until then, you will have to deal with my complaining.

6 comments:

April said...

It IS tough. And it WILL go fast -- but only in retrospect! :) Is he having to drive over to the school? Dennis is driving up to the QCA two times a week for this last semester of his MBA. He'll get back here to the central part of the state around 11 every night. That's what I always hated -- getting home late, getting up early and all that DRIVING! I hope it goes well for all of you.

Anonymous said...

Trust me it gets alot easier once you get used to the change.

I'm still trying to figure out how anyone gets anything done with hubby HOME?!?!

CJ Sweet said...

You should go visit Lerin at Beautiful Chaos. Her husband is doing school too and you guys can probably relate!

Sharon said...

I 2nd what Teri said: it DOES get easier.

I just say keep yourself busy with a hobby or something that will make the time pass more quickly. And be GLAD it's not all happening when your kids are already in school, or really old enough to remember it, for that matter. :)

Aside from that, complain away!
I'm right there with you!
I wish we were closer. We could keep each other company while our kids played!

Anonymous said...

It will all pay off in the end& I'm sure it will go by fast! Jeff isn't in grad school but he has his own business in addition to his regular full-time job & normally he is gone 16 hrs. a day! (noon-2am) 4am-midnight. :(

Andrea said...

Oh, I know how it feels...my hubby has been doing schooling through distance (while working full time!) for about 5 years now...and we still have 2 more to go...it's not the greatest...but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.