I'm having tons of posts today - I guess I didn't realize I hadn't posted in so long until Kurt reminded me yesterday. Summer is a busy time and I have been trying to get a lot of things done around here that seem to be more important. Read on for an update -
June 28th was my birthday, 27 years old. I have three gray hairs - that I pull out. Ha ha ha! The van needed new brakes so Kurt worked on them with my dad and we went out to dinner while the kids stayed with my family. Nothing super exciting - but wonderful to eat dinner with just Kurt!
Fourth of July weekend was busy - as always. I can't even remember everything we did. Attempted to take the kids to the $1 movie - Mary Poppins in the Historic Theater. We actually had to get up and leave, Amelia leaked in her diaper (which NEVER happens) - Landen was crabby. It was just not working. Ended up taking the kids to the fire fighters water battle thing - I thought Landen would enjoy that more. Listened to the Municipal band - pretty good. It rained the day I had a lot of really fun activities planned - we still went to Kids Zone and the kids made a craft, got a tattoo and Landen was going to be in the big wheel race but nobody informed us you had to bring your own big wheel and with it raining we didn't go back home for it. Then headed to John Deere where Landen rode/drove one of the tractors. Made it to the parade with my sister and her boyfriend who we hadn't met. It was fun and not real hot. Then watched the fireworks with Laura, Phil and their kids. It was a busy fourth, but nice to not be running all over to everyone elses things, but doing our own thing for once.
Amelia is working on potty training - she is doing really well, far better than I expected. We may be trained by the time the baby comes, if not that's okay too.
I have all the baby supplies pretty much ready, except just a few more things. Diapers are getting ordered tonight!
Teri showed me how to fix my Fuzzi Bunz so I'm working on that - it's a long yucky job but it's worth it.
I'm working on being Silent and Still after reading about it in Rediscovering Catholicism. I used to be able to do this, I think when I was more involved in FAMILIA (I guess it really does keep me on track) but have gotten away from it. It's difficult to just listen to God without thinking about every little thing I want/need to do. Some days I'm doing good, others not so much. I also picked one thing to work on to make me a better version of myself - fully giving attention to the people I'm talking with, as much as you can with being a mother who's eyes/ears area always focused on her children as well. I fail a lot but am really trying. I'm finding it's really helping with Landen and Amelia's bad attitudes they had a couple weeks ago. I do not want to deal with that again!
So, I'm tired of sitting in this chair so I'm off to work on my couch! Just an update since I haven't been updating very well. Maybe I'll keep up - one of these days. Oh and to the many of you who emailed me and I haven't responded, I will - I'm not dead!
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Happy 27th! I'm 27 too. :)
Giving attention to people you're talking to is soooo hard when you're a mom of "littles." Half the time I can't even stand still long enough to have a conversation! I'm sure it will get easier as my kids get older...
Post a Comment