Last Saturday I got my new/used van after much hesitation on my part. I've been ready for a mini-van for a long time now but had my heart set on exactly what I wanted and because of the amazing deal we got on this '98 Ford Windstar with only 58,000 on it - we settled on the tin box (as I like to call it.) I definitely miss my Alero - I really liked that car a lot. However my parents bought it so at least it gets to stay in the family. I'm such a dork - really it doesn't matter. I so wish I was more like my sister Sara - she told me just a couple weeks ago that she's happy driving whatever she has - I've really been thinking about that a lot lately. Finding the good in the van (besides that we had to have it and the price, miles, etc) maybe God put this in front of me to realize it's not important to be so materialistic (something I didn't think I was at all.) Always room for growth and that's what I'm working on. After driving it all over early this week, I'm getting the hang of it and thinking it's not so bad. I'll just be the unhip-not-very-cool-driving-mini-van-mom. Ha ha ha!
On other notes - the kids and I have been busy with friends this week. It's been nice because Kurt has been busy with finishing last things for school. He's all done until the little pre-session he's taking later in May until mid-June. Yahooo!
This weekend is going to be super busy. I'm going to try to go to garage sales Saturday morning, then to my parents house we're going to take Landen mushroom hunting, afterwards my brothers first Holy Communion. The next day we are celebrating Kurt's birthday with his family and then it's his birthday and he doesn't have to go to work.
I didn't do a wordless Wednesday yesterday and had a few funny pictures to share. Enjoy!

You wait all winter for spring and what do your kids enjoy doing anyway - snowball fight in the house.

Amelia has learned that nothing is stopping her from getting outside. The stool is now hidden.

What a combination - lady like in her dress, holy with her rosary and a sword to slay her brother all while perched on a basket. Hmm!




1 comment:
Welcome to the world of minivans. I fought against mine but now LOVE it. Life is so much easier and more kid friendly with a minivan ( you can even nurse discreetly anywhere and the floor is a perfect changing pad!) Remind em to tell you the story of my lesson in humility with my minivan.
Post a Comment